As-constructed plans reflect the actual built stage of all the separate building trades such as MEP, architectural and structural. An ideal as constructed plan provides an extended set of information beyond traditional CAD layouts. This can be used to great effect by facility managers during the operational life of a building.
As-constructed plans for building sites.
Having access to an as-constructed plan populated with additional building information can greatly benefit facility managers. It can make the management of the building’s operational life easier and assist with any renovations or refurbishment programs that may need to be completed.
You can improve daily operation efficiency by;
- Providing essential data for operations and maintenance, management of assets, equipment or systems.
- Providing an accurate model of rooms and spaces for space management.
- Providing accurate data with geometrical information which reduces
man-power cost to address and solve problems.
- Reducing storage space for building information in paper-form.
- Integrating all manual and maintenance records together for easy review
Having a current set of as-constructed plans or as-built models always available means that any future construction, refurbishment or even renovation work can be made more efficient because;
- Inconsistencies between recorded and actual building conditions will be reduced.
- It can provide a good starting point for future modelling and 3D design.
- Visualization and analysis of the proposed work can be easily achieved and would be much easier to present to stakeholders involved.
- It enables future information to be easily incorporated or updated.
Our typical process
There are several techniques which can be used for the acquisition of data in order to generate as-constructed plans or as-built models for a building or construction site. In order to ensure Realserve develops the most accurate and precise models to reflect the physical elements of a building we employ the full range of our data collecting techniques including;
- Traditional survey techniques.
- 3D scanning and modelling.
- Photogrammetry from our Remote-Piloted Aircraft solutions.
By using a combination of the methods above at key phases during the construction project we can provide the information required for our 3D modelling team to begin developing the as-constructed plan.
Through collaboration with key stakeholders of the construction and operation phase of a building lifecycle, we can identify additional information which can be embedded in the 3D model. This additional information is an added benefit of this service as it transforms the 3D model into an information-rich building information model (BIM).
We utilise the latest surveying technology to capture our data then produce our plans. Using the latest CAD software programs everything is captured and processed accurately to start producing our drawings. The equipment we use is state of the art, ranging from traditional total stations to 3D laser scanning or RPA (drone). We only use the latest software tools including AutoCAD & Revit.
Once our as-constructed plans are drafted they go through an intensive QA process via an independent audit to ensure that what we have captured is delivered to the highest levels of accuracy possible.
- Initial consultation to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Agree on a scope of work.
- A site visit is organised with one of our qualified technicians with the necessary data collection equipment.
- All data is then processed via our team located in one of our offices around the Country.
- All plans or drawings are then independently reviewed via our QA process.
- All deliverables are then created for viewing in PDF, AutoCAD or Revit.
- We also have the ability to create a 3D scan or virtual tour of your property to create a fully interactive view of a site.
Samples of as-constructed plans
See some of our case studies
Our long-term client recently purchased an historic hotel and apartments located on a key intersection in the CBD. The latest plans and leasing documentation were over 15 years old.
Our client recently purchased an historic site on the Auckland CBD fringe. Leasing documentation that changed hands at the time of purchase ranged from area estimations through to signed photocopies of irrelevant data.
This is the industry benchmark for measuring rentable areas for Retail, Industrial and Office premises that is followed precisely by the Realserve team in Auckland.
We helped this client visualise a potential warehouse location in 3D using a traditional 2D survey to determine the suitability for leasing.
With their tenant’s lease due for expiry our client needed to start presenting options to potential tenants quickly & give their agent all the right tools.